Thursday, November 26, 2009

Christmas Boxes and Bags

Can you believe that its nearly December!!! I thought I would post pictures of some projects I have been working on. This selection is gift boxes and bags for Christmas. I love to give little boxes of goodies as you will remember from my pumpkin boxes. Thank you all so much for you kind and encouraging comments. I don`t know what was wrong today but I couldn`t really capture the projects how I would have liked, they all look far better in the flesh!

In the picture you can see the two sleighs and the Christmas tree. I used the SU matchbox die for the middle, so again I can fill them with chocolates and then simply placed the Sleigh sides on and the Christmas trees either side of the matchbox.
Here is a closer view of the blue and gold sleigh. I used gold mirror card stock for the cover of the box and used the divine swirls embossing folder. The sleigh is a sizzix bigz die to make a 3D card.
On this one I decided not to put the cover over the box so the chocolates actually sit inside the sleigh. The trees are from the Spellbinders Nesting Trees. This is the largest one of them. After cutting them out I used the Divine Swirls embossing folder and then with a glue pen filled the hollows with glitter. I don`t use this alot but I really like the effect. I first saw this method down at Be Creative done by Haroldine, known as "The Tape Lady".
This holder is made using the Pillow Box die. Instructions can be found on Splitcoast Stampers. Instead of the wine bottle you could also fill it with chocolates. The medallion on the front is made using the Kaleidascope pendant die from Spellbinders and the sentiment, of course is made using Justrite. I love that stuff, I know I say that every time but its true !
I am actually holding a class to make these boxes and bags at Be Creative, love it for you to come and join us.
Thank you for looking. Have a great day and Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends.
Yvonne




No comments: