Saturday, January 31, 2009

Cards / Notelet Gift Set.

Hello and Happy Saturday !

Today I wanted to share with you a card/notelet gift set which I made for my friends birthday. I was given the idea by Laurie. She had details on her blog (Just Give Me Stamps) about a Love Note set. I was thrilled at how it turned out and my friend was over the moon with it !


I started off with a piece of card stock 7" x 12" and scored it with my Scor-Pal at 5 and 7 inches. (boy does that thing make life easy !) For the spine the piece of DP is 4" x 7" and scored at 1 and 3 inches. I then edged both sides of the spine paper.


I stamped the Rose from the "A Year of Flowers" stamp set; I love the images in this set and it was perfect for this project. You can purchase this at Gina K. I coloured it in with my Copic markers. (Pink means Friendship) Then layered it onto card stock cut using Nestabilities. This is the back of the holder. The saying is from the Say It with Flowers.

For the inside I cut two panels of DP 6.5" x 4.75". The pockets on the front are made from a piece of paper 6.5" x 5.5". I scored around the edges at 1". I used the Doyle edge punch to decorate the top of the pocket and a ribbon to finish them off. For this project I used terrific tape, that way I had no difficulty in making things stick down.


I made a selection of cards for the inside again using the Year of Flowers stamp set. I like the way the flowers are "hanging" over the edge. This idea came from Melanie`s blog, who actually designed the stamps. If you click on the link on the side bar it will take you straight to her blog - well worth the visit.
One finished Card/Notelet Gift Set !



I hope you enjoyed looking, why don`t you try one yourself and be amazed at how easy it is. This makes a lovely gift. Who isn`t always looking for cards to send to people!
Have a great day!

Yvonne

1 comment:

Carolyn King said...

What a stunning set! AMAZing job on all of those cards, girl!